Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bread!

We got an early wedding present for ourselves!

Yes, it's a breadmaker.

And the results have been delicious.

We got a packet of Sourdough mix and I've made two loaves of bread so far, but the difficulty I had extracting the first loaf from the pan in the maker meant that I cooked the second loaf in a Tupperware baking dish.

Came out divine, though. The second loaf also had cheese and bacon through it... note to self, let it rise for longer next time (it's a bit heavy but the Geek still loved it and has eaten more than 2/3 of the loaf already).

Who'd have thought that a house with two PC's, a laptop, four mobile phones and three gaming systems would also be a home for fresh-baked bread?

The smell is divine as it permeates the house, though.

I think I'll go hunting on the interwebs for some good bread ideas/tips/recipes.

1 comment:

  1. We've got 3 macbooks, 2 PC laptops, an imac, mac mini, PS3, wii and a bread maker. I don't think a geek household is complete without one :)

    Good luck with delicious yeasty snacks!

    ReplyDelete